Monday, August 28, 2006

facade

I get tired of all the pretense sometimes that I dunno what or whom to trust anymore. Everything is so well painted at times that we dunno whether what lies beneath. I get the feeling of awkwardness whenever I feel trapped in between 2 worlds.

Why can't people unite into 1?
Why segregation will always exist?

Maybe people are tired as well, tired of pretending to be happy and pleasing everyone to achieve unity. Why the hassle when people can just separate and form their own comfort zone? There never is a jugmental answer to these questions, ultimately it only depends on each individual.

Where is sincerity?
Where is friendliness?
Where is hope, peace and love?

I go to school everyday and see a lot of straight-boring faces. or some people will just cast you with a cynical look when they walked past in a group. some would give you the I'm-smarter-than-you stare in class sometimes. Few would actually smile and greet or give a simple nod. It's a tough life we are having. Everyone is so stressed up. I dunno why. Everyone is so afraid of people doing better than themselves. Everyone is so afraid of making mistakes. Everyone is very afraid to lose.

Anyway, I talked to a friend this evening, was asking him how did he sustain his stand for so many years... he just did. I told him that I hope I can be like him one day. Even when everyone walks out, I will still stand by my passion and move on regardless others' perception. Difficult. But I want to give it a try.

Oh, and... if life is really a big joke playing on us, I want to have the last laugh!

=)

No comments: