Thursday, August 03, 2006

recollections**

ok, will write a short one to pen down... =)

past few days have been busy helping the current comm with choir matric fair stuff.. brought back lots of memories I have in NUS Choir.

my first choir and only choir =) love it.

It was 3 years ago, xiugui and I had been talking about joining choir, and heard about how difficult it was to get into. but, we wanted to try.. both of us really like music. I did help out in a choir back home as a temporary pianist (a super lousy one, I knew the conductor wasn't satisfied with this lousy pianist haha) for a few months and honestly speaking, I don't really exactly know what it is like to be in a choir. I just knew that I'd like to join. perhaps it was because of Sister Act, or Sound of Music, or King and I... I dunno.

The journey began during matriculation fair. I saw choir booth. Melody spoke to me, first impression was, she's a really nice senior... really wanted to be in the choir. I remembered not going for welcome tea.. can't remember why. I was little nervous during auditions. I remembered seeing Mich Tay and Hats in CFA, filled up forms, interviewed by Mel, auditioned by Terr and yes, I remembered terence yeo in the audition room as well. xiugui was in choir during primary, I have no experience.. bit worried whether will I get thru or not.. but audition results defy my doubts.. my best friend and I were both in NUS Choir!! we were esctatic!

We missed choir camp that year, and left half way during formal dinner... which I still regret about it until today. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't miss any of it!

omg.. there's a lot more to say.. haha. can't be possibly writing non stop like this. too disorganize.. will write more after organizing my memories and thoughts =)

No comments: