Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ordinary Valentine's :)

It is just another ordinary day, couldn't have been more ordinary. What about Valentine's? Nothing about it. *smiles*

People feel intimidated on this day, afraid of spending time alone, afraid of being cast the pity look by loving couples, afraid of being uninvited, afraid of being left out alone, afraid of whatever reason? No idea haha!

Anyway, the irony is there was no one in the lab this evening. By 6pm everyone was GONE! Surprised. Usually people even come and work on Sunday and stay till late night, wow... I can't help but to think St Valentine's have such great powers haha... Funny that I find it amusing though.

Love is definitely not in the air for me. I give up. It has always been unrequited. Period.

Cynical is just the word to describe me. :p Lovey-dovey, mushy-teary emotional love soaps just ain't my cup of tea, practical person I am. Sorry, not a romantic.

What about Valentine's then? Just another ordinary day, work still goes on, people still eat, drink, shit, as per normal. There are deadlines still, tests, assignments, and whatever else... By the time you realized it's already 15th Feb, makes you wonder, 14th Feb was just another day.

"Let me get you roses
with boxes of chocolate
accompanied with hugs & kisses
gesture of showing my love for you
on this special day"

No thanks my dear,
I don't need all those
I'd rather spend the rest of 364 days
just you and me
walking through the journey of life

One day if we ever reach crossroads
and decided we should lead different paths
we shall still remain as best of friends forever


*smiles*

piggy sends out her love to everyone *hugs*

No comments: