Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dilemma

We face many options in life, there are many cross roads, sometimes it is more than just left or right, or left right forward or back, or left right and three quarter, or even spider webs kind of paths.

And now, here I am, in the most basic form of all, yes or no? Ultimately, it all boils down to just 2 choices.

So I started asking myself mind boggling questions (these crazy questions just come swimming into my head) like:
"What do I want to achieve in life?"
"Is it wealth? health? joy? peace? more time? fame?"
"Do I care about other people's judments?"
"What do they think?"
"Am I wasting my time? money? effort?"
"Am I wasting my education? my life?"
"Am I avoiding the obvious challenge?"
"Am I merely choosing the easier option?" "If so, what's wrong?" "If not, why not?"
"Should I wait a little longer?"
"Should I consult more people? Should I ask my mother? my father? my husband? my wife? my best friend?"
"What happened to asking myself what do I want?"
"Do I know what do I want?"
'Or do you just think you know what you want?'
"Should I consider other people's benefits into making my decision?"
"What happens if I choose this, will she be happy? Will he be disappointed?"
"What happened to the question 'will I be happy?'"

This is CRAZY. Most of the time, people would just end up stuck in The Waiting Place. (I quoted Dr.Seuss twice)

Seriously, big chunk of it is about worrying what would people think, of which, I have zero control of.

Anyway, as of now, I still have to wait for a reply, and then I will have my yes or no.

p.s. today is going to be a good good day (: cos I have a slight revelation. haha, keep it up!

No comments: